- Chrome is obtained as a mineral ore (crocoite or red lead ore). There are large deposits in South America, South Africa, China and Russia
- 1766: The ore is discovered for the first time and named «Siberian red ore» owing to the colour and lead content
- 1797: Metal is discovered in the red lead ore
- Approx. 1820: First experiments into depositing chrome
- 1890: Initial patents registered in relation to electrolytic chrome deposition
- Approx. 1920: Start of industrial technical hard chrome plating
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.